Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Memorable Week!!!

This has been an exciting week for the Puff family. For starters, we got to experience our first typhoon.  Typhoon Utor "landed" here in Hong Kong on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.  Now I realize that I need to be further educated on what exactly a typhoon is, but to me, I most relate it to a hurricane.  They grade them, and on Tuesday, it was already a Typhoon cat 3.  What I didn't realize, is with that posting comes some school cancellations...including kindergartens (preschool)...which includes Abby.  We had heard in the news about the coming storm and when it was expected, but I did not think to check the weather posting the day before the anticipated day.  So when I took Abby to her bus stop, the elementary kids are picked up in their bus first, and one of the Chinese moms kindly broke the news that there was no school for the kindergarten.  No wonder Abby was the only kindergartner at the bus stop!! So we laughed about it, chalked it up to another lesson learned, and went home.

On Tuesday night, my parents arrived for a 10-day visit with us.  What a huge blessing! This is a business trip for my father that only transpired less than a month ago..such a great surprise.  They made it safely, met by Andy at the airport.  Then today, my dad had to find his way to Shenzen, while my mom and I were able to go to the kids' school for chapel.  We ended up taking the train home because I needed to run an errand.  Even though the weather hasn't been great, it has been so cathartic to have them experience our everyday with us.  To ride the trains, see our house, check out the school, ect has been great for them and for us.  And it was especially providential since my children and husband had to stay home their first full day here due to the storm.

And if all that wasn't enough...yesterday our baby turned 1!!! Sarah Jane has been a part of our family for a year and we cannot be more thankful and blessed.  I think with any birthday, you reminisce about the past year...but it is hard not to remember vividly her birth and what was to come in the month to follow.  And even though last year at this time was probably the most heart-wrenching and emotional times of my life (yes, I don't recommend having a baby and then moving in shifts to the other side of the world), I can honestly say that I don't regret a single decision that led us to where we are now.  God has been faithful in confirming to us that we are here for a purpose, and while it hasn't always been easy, there is an incomprehensible peace that covers you when you are in the middle of His will.  I am so grateful that I moved here with a six week old in tow...she has been a huge light in our lives that the Lord has used to ground us and bring us closer as a family.  She has brought out something special in all of us, and I am so excited to watch her grow.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And if you look carefully, she has gotten some more hair:)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment