Sunday, May 11, 2014

Beginning of May

The beginning of May has seen an increase of activity, mostly from end of the year productions.  I will try to document most and keep things up to date, but having four school-aged children means that some things will fall between the cracks.  So here are some of the highlights.

In addition to playing soccer for her school, Grace and six of her teammates joined a local football club near our home in Tai Po.  She has been training weekly with this team, and since January, has had several games a month.  It's been a great experience, and one we are looking forward to continuing next school year.  Grace has learned a lot, and it has been interesting playing with others, and for others, who don't speak your language.  She realized quite early that she shouldn't be in the front of the line for a drill since she will have to mimic what is done before her:) The team has really gelled together, and last weekend was her last game of the season. And yes, she scored a goal:)




Abby has also been quite busy, as she is preparing to move to the "big school" next year.  She is finishing up her last year of preschool before she moves to the Shek Mun campus where the kindergarten is located, and where her brother and sisters attend school.  She had her year end program where her class performed two songs.  She was very animated and did a good job singing with enthusiasm...as only Abby can:)





Friday, I was invited to Abby's class's Mother's Day Carnival.  When we mothers arrived, we watched a youtube video about appreciating mothers, then we were able to go around to different stations with our child.  These stations included a massage, pedicure, hand print, face painting, photo op, as well as enjoy a special waffle sundae...delicious! It was such a cute idea, and the kids and mothers really enjoyed themselves!




Finally, we went to Grace's spring choir concert.  This is one of four Friday evenings where Grace has something at school...very busy!  I really enjoy going to her choir concerts...they really do a fabulous job in the middle school program.  There are five different choirs, including one all boys choir, one all girls choir, and three mixed, depending on grade.  This concert was so well done, and Grace even had a short solo during a beautiful song called "Ordinary Miracle" She did such an amazing job it brought me to tears.  Looking at her up there, I kept asking myself, "Where did the time go?" and was amazed at how mature she looked and acted.  She was also given a leadership award from her teacher...another great honor.  We are so proud of her.








Today is Mother's Day.  It has been such a great day and I feel so appreciated.  I woke up to a bunting made by my children, and a bouquet of fruit that they had cut up the night before.  The only did a little complaining as we went to church in an Amber rainstorm, and then we went to California Pizza Kitchen after church. I was able to take a nap and Andy  made yummy sandwiches for dinner.  Then we got to watch Cosby Show as a family before bed.  I couldn't have asked for a better day...filled with hugs and kisses, and they all really tried hard to make me happy and give me a good day.



I am SO incredibly blessed to  be able to be a mom to five amazing children.  I don't take it for granted what a privilege this job is, and even though it is the hardest thing I've ever done, I wouldn't change it for the world.  I am so thankful for Andy who works so hard so that I can stay home with our blessings, and I am so grateful for Grace Elizabeth, Emma Rose, Joshua Paul, Abigail Kate and Sarah Jane who fill my days with such laughter, smiles and love,  Yes, there is our share of frustration and tears.  But I am filled with gratitude that God would entrust us, such imperfect parents, with such sweet, compassionate, also imperfect, but loving children.  By His grace, we will parent with His Presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment