Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Zealand Adventure ...part 3

I'm not really sure where to start with the last five days.  While I was there to support and encourage my friend, I had the opportunity to see some of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen.  New Zealand is amazing...and that is only an observation made after five days.

We spent our time enjoying the outdoors...lakes, woods and beach.  Liz and I enjoyed time with her kiddos and time without...thanks to her wonderful husband:)

I got to learn about Rotarua...and the fact that it sits along volcanic plate means there is a lot to learn and a lot to see...geothermal sights, hot springs, plus gorgeous lakes and redwood trees everywhere we went.  There was the occasional smell...but that was nothing new for me since I live in HK and come from the "mushroom capital of the world."

Most important to me was my time with my friend, who is going through some hard stuff personally and is about to make a big transition.  We had such a wonderful time together.  We have a lot of history together...going back more than a decade...with many of the same passions.  But it had been over two years since I had seen her.  And yes, we picked up where we left off.  I also enjoyed getting to know her kids...they have four of the cutest kiddos and they have grown so much since the last time I saw them.

This trip was an incredible gift from God...one that I'm not sure I deserved, but one that I will never forget.  Not only did I get to reconnect with a dear friend and her family, but I was able to see a beautiful country that, before three years ago, never would have dreamed I would have been able to visit.  And it was a dream I had as a child, ever since my grandmother brought me back a little kiwi charm from her visit.  Which reminds me that the Creator of our hearts, who knows our hopes and our fears...also know our dreams...and this was a dream that only He could make happen:) Enjoy the pics!!






Mt. Maunganui




















Geothermal Wonderlands





Redwoods Forest...13,000 acres


Another perfect night for a picnic



Gorgeous sunset over the rolling hills of NZ


Hot springs...like jumping in a hot tub!




Mountain biking!!!  No injuries:)



No comments:

Post a Comment