Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Zealand Adventure...part 2

 So I thought I would have more time to write about actually getting to New Zealand, but it turns out that I didn't, so now I am writing in retrospect...sitting in the Auckland lounge, ready to board my final flight home.

I made it to Rotarua no problem. I was tired, but boarded my trip to Auckland...excited and ready to go!!  I had a wonderful trip to Auckland...I really liked flying Air New Zealand.  The staff was wonderful and I enjoyed flying during the day, realizing that I should try to stay awake so I would sleep when I got to Auckland.  I enjoyed reading and catching up on some movies...including two of the Hobbit movies...getting me even more excited to see this beautiful country.

I arrived to Auckland and was picking up my shuttle to my hotel at 12:30am.  It was surreal thinking I was in New Zealand.  The people were so nice and the warm, summer-like weather felt fantastic.  By the time I got into my room, it was about 1am and I collapsed...but not before I made sure I had a wake up call and set an alarm in my room.  My flight was leaving at 8:30am, so I thought getting up at 5:15 and getting on the 6am shuttle would give me plenty of time to make my flight without stress.  How wrong I was...it was TOO MUCH time!!!  I probably could have arrived at 8am and have been fine.  Sure, I would have had to check my carry on bag, but there was NO security and one gate where everyone sat and waited for there flight to be called.  It was quite humorous, but I did meet some lovely ladies and we chatted about their New Zealand experience and what we were doing there.

Finally, I was on my last leg to Rotarua to meet my friend.  My flight was called and I boarded the smallest plane that I had ever seen. It was a short flight...about 40 minutes...and as we flew, I couldn't help but notice the gorgeous land below, and even the fluffy clouds that we traveled through.  The land from above was amazing...rolling hills and blue water.  Coming from my home of Hong Kong it was just eye opening.





And when we landed next to a beautiful blue lake, with a little green island in the middle,  I couldn't wait to see more.  I found Liz easily, since Rotarua was the smallest  airport I had ever seen, and we were off, with a full day ahead of us!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment